And all of the sudden, it’s August!
This is always an interesting time because there’s this whole back-to-school vibe in the air, for those tho go to school and those who homeschool, alike. In fact, I know a LOT of homeschoolers who start even earlier than those who go to school.
We’re a not-even-gonna-think-about-it-until-Labor-Day family.
We have a whole month left! Which is perfect and sorely needed because this summer has been flying by at the speed of light.
Here’s what we’ve been up to…
- 4th of July (see previous post)
- Ben took the boys to see Finding Dory (they liked it but weren’t gaga over it)
- Family bike ride with Karen and Don
- Skyzone with the Smiths (Dayspring friends)
- Production Team potluck out in the country
- Ben and Luke rode in the Tour of Belleville with Karen and Don
- Geoff, Gen, and the kiddos dropped by on their way back home to CO. We didn’t get to see them even a little, but I’m still counting it.
- VBS. This was an awesome surprise. Luke is now too old for the VBS they used to attend and I didn’t even bother to look around for anything else. Some friends mentioned their VBS which goes up to age 12. It was all day, 9-4, M-F. The boys had a blast!
- I got to visit my sweet little nephew, Grant.
- My Making Peace with Your Past class started.
- We officially signed up for classes at a local co-op.
- The boys were sick the week after VBS.
- I finally found a good hairdresser and got my first really good hair cut in a long time.
- Attended an impromptu DCI viewing party up at Ben’s office which was really fun!
- Luke attended guitar camp.
- Two of Luke’s friends were able to come over and they all played Minecraft. Did you know entire conversations could be held using only one word?
“DU-UDE!” (You just shot me!)
“Dude?” (What? Me? Did I do that?)
“Dude!” (Yes, that was you. Now I’m dead. Thanks.)
“Dude.” (Opps, sorry. My bad.)
- My sister, Anna, came over and brought her electric guitar. She and Luke had fun just playing around and talking guitars and music.
- Game night with Paul and Amanda (and lots of playing with puppies)
- A day out at the river.
Add in church, music lessons, chiro appts, and lots of volunteering at the thrift store and that pretty much sums up our July!