I love shopping at the thrift store! If you want to save money you just need to remember a few things:
1. Don’t buy it if you don’t need it.
2. Look everything over very carefully. Always try the clothes on even if you think they’ll fit – you’ll be more likely to spot stains and rips that way.
3. Don’t be afraid to dig around. I’ve founds some great “buried” treasures.
4. Go consistently. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left empty-handed. But on the rare occasions I find a good deal it’s so worth it!
So today was a good thrift store day. I found:
- A super nice platter. I was looking for something for some meatballs I’m making for a wedding reception tomorrow. I wanted to be able to give them the platter as well so they don’t have to worry about getting it back to me. $2.49
- A couple of nice pairs of slacks that look brand-new, fit me AND are the correct length to wear to said wedding (major score considering I’m a shorty). $12 total
- A trifle dish. $5
- 5 books for the kids including 3 I-Can-Read books for Luke. $1.25 total
- New-in-the-package Creative Memories pages AND page protectors. $2.60 total
- Cute tiered platter. $3